Building & Planning information
HIA’s Building and Planning Services staff across Australia assist members in keeping up-to-date with all the latest information on:
- local council planning and building regulations for all types of housing and renovations;
- energy & water efficiency regulations;
- the Building Code of Australia (BCA);
- Australian Standards; and
- building materials and products installation requirements.
We have a variety of national and state information sheets available for members to find out more on getting your planning and building approvals from councils and dealing with all the other steps in building laws.
By selecting the State you operate in from the map of Australia (on the right) you can access both the national and state information that suits you.
If you would like to know more about any of the information sheets or get help with other questions, HIA members can contact the Building & Planning Services staff in the HIA office nearest to you by calling 1300 650 620 or emailing email@example.com.
To find out how to become a HIA member, contact 1300 650 620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical solutions for HIA members