The HIA GreenSmart Accreditation Program will show you how to build a GreenSmart house. The requirements to build a GreenSmart house will enable you to offer your clients a more sustainable home by using environmentally responsible housing design ideas and products.
A GreenSmart house will:
- improve the water and energy efficiency of the home reducing costs
- create healthier homes for occupants
- provide options to make the home more adaptable for all stages of life
- reduce waste from the building process
- improve site management during construction.
The benefits of a GreenSmart house include lower energy and water bills, a warmer house in winter, a cooler house in summer, a healthier home for occupants and less waste going to landfill.
Please be advised that there has been a correction to the Leading Practice Criteria title in Materials section in the 2011-12 HIA GreenSmart House Protocol
Click here to view a copy of the HIA 2011-12 HIA GreenSmart House requirements (pdf, 399kb).
Find out how your next home build can be a HIA GreenSmart Accredited House, contact – email@example.com