The building industry is a dynamic one.
HIA recognises that its members, whether they be builders, trade contractors or manufactures and suppliers all are required to operate amidst a minefield of constantly changing laws and regulations and from time will need some external assistance in managing through this minefield.
Through HIA’s Workplace Services, members are offered a range of services to assist them address their workplace and legal concerns.
Some of our services include:
- assisting you in your workplace relationships including, engaging and dismissing employees;
- helping you to resolve disputes with clients over contract performance and quality of work;
- addressing queries on how you can properly use HIA’s industry specific residential construction contract documentation;
- helping your business meet its ongoing regulatory obligations, including licensing, workers compensation, long service leave, taxation and superannuation obligations;
- providing you with referrals to accredited HIA specialists such as lawyers, accountants and tax advisers.
In this section, you will find some information on recent changes to the industrial relations system introduced by the Federal Labor Government.
We are presently updating other workplace services information available on our website. In the near future you will be able to access up to date, useful updates on changes to the law affecting your business and specific information sheets on licensing and registration, meeting your tax obligations, business compliance and managing your contracts.
HIA understands that its members need quick access to important information that can help them with their day to day business needs. Since 1998, HIA’s InfoCentre has helped thousands of members with their queries.
What does the InfoCentre do?
The InfoCentre is a specialised information service for HIA members needing assistance with: -
- award information – covering a wide range of awards that exist in the building and construction industry, the InfoCentre can help you with basic information relating to rates of pay, which award applies to your circumstances, conditions of employment, sick leave information, RDOs and allowances; and
- award updates – to help keep your business up to date, the InfoCentre provides an automatic award update service, available by e-mail or by direct mail.
- Additionally, the InfoCentre can also put you in contact with a Workplace Advisor should you need further expert information.
When can I contact the InfoCentre?
The InfoCentre is available from 8.00 a.m to 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday, AEST, (or 7.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. during Daylight Savings)
How can I contact the InfoCentre?
To contact this unique member service call 1300 650 620 and ask for the ‘ InfoCentre ’.
Please have your HIA membership number handy