Event Terms and Conditions
Please read these Event Terms & Conditions carefully as they contain important information:
1. These Event Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) apply to Housing Industry Association Limited’s (HIA’s) events, courses or programs (Event(s)), including:
a) Award ceremonies, dinners and presentations;
b) Economics outlook breakfasts;
c) Housing summit(s);
d) Kitchen and bathroom design events;
e) Industry trade nights and breakfasts;
f) face-to-face workshops;
g) networking events; and
h) live webinars
i) unless the Event has its own specific terms, in which case those terms will apply to the extent of any inconsistency with these T&Cs.
2. These T&Cs cover each person ("Attendee, you or your") upon:
a) submitting a Registration to HIA (whether hard copy or electronic); or
b) attending or participating in the Event.
3. These T&Cs also cover anyone who has been invited by HIA to attend the Event.
Registration & payment
4. Registration is subject to receipt of payment and HIA’s confirmation of availability. You must pay any invoice within 14 calendar days of receipt and payment must be received in full before the event. In some instances HIA may require full payment at time of booking.
5. HIA reserves the right to refuse any application to register, attend or participate in the Event. HIA’s decision is final and not subject to challenge. HIA is not required to provide reasons for refusal of an application.
6. Prices for attending the Event will be set out on the relevant registration or booking form or can otherwise be obtained from HIA upon request or from the HIA website. Prices may be subject to change from time to time.
7. Member prices are only available to HIA Members. Non-members wishing to join HIA and be eligible for the Member price may apply for membership online.
Cancellation policy & refunds
8. Where an Event has been cancelled by HIA, all fees will be refunded in full. Attendees may, at their election, transfer credit to another event or receive a full refund.
9. If you can no longer attend the Event, you may cancel your registration by providing written notice to HIA.
10. If notice of cancellation is given at least seven (7) days prior to the date of the Event, HIA, may at its sole discretion, provide a refund of the fee minus any reasonable administration costs (as determined by HIA).
11. HIA may refuse any requests for refunds made for cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the date of the Event.
12. No refunds will be given in respect of any non-attendance.
Changes to the event
13. It may be necessary for reasons beyond HIA’s reasonable control to make cancellations, substitutions and alterations to speakers, topics and/or the schedule of the Event. HIA reserves the right to do this at any time.
14. Notice of any changes will be announced on the webpage of HIA and/or the Event. Such changes do not constitute a breach of contract by HIA and do not trigger any liability.
15. If HIA alters the time and/or location of the Event, HIA will provide you with notice of the changes and will offer attendees the choice of either a refund or the opportunity to attend the Event as varied.
17. Personal information collected from Attendees may be used for the purposes for which it is being collected including:
i) planning the Event;
ii) to provide services in connection with the Event;
iii) processing and managing registration and associated administration (such as catering) including correspondence; and
iv) analysis of attendance statistics for evaluation purposes.
18. Personal information may also be kept on file by HIA and provided to HIA’s related entities, business partners, agencies, sponsors and other third parties for marketing purposes and to enable dissemination about forthcoming conferences, events and other related goods and services. You may be contacted by email, SMS/MMS, mail, social media and telephone.
Please advise HIA during the registration process (or at any later time) if you do not consent for your details to be kept for such purposes by calling 1300 650 620 or emailing email@example.com.
Speakers and presenters
20. Views expressed by any third party speakers or presenters at the Event are their own.
21. HIA cannot accept liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any at the Event or in any material provided to Attendees by third parties.
Photography, media and intellectual property
22. By attending the Event, you acknowledge that you may enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur.
23. You grant HIA, the right to use your image and likeness for marketing and promotional purposes, unless you specifically request removal of the photo or video in writing.
Use of material
24. Presentations, documentation, materials and content made available to you as an event attendee are subject to copyright and other rights owned by HIA or its licensors. All such material is protected by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and other international copyright and intellectual property laws.
25. You may only use the materials and content for your own private non-commercial use. No part of the materials and content covered by copyright should be copied, reproduced, modified, distributed, transmitted, or republished in any form or by any means without the express written permission of HIA.
26. HIA Events will often be held at third party venues and premises. All Attendees are required to observe and comply with any safety advice, site signage, alcohol consumption and security requirements of the venue.
27. To the maximum extent permitted by law, HIA is not responsible or liable in negligence, contract, tort or otherwise arising if you or any other person incurs, experiences or suffers an accident, direct or indirect loss including to property or person, damage, fatality, injury, psychological injury, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, disappointment or health related issue whatsoever whilst in transit to or from the Event and/or at the Event.
28. You fully and finally release and discharge HIA from any liability, claim, action, right or entitlement whatsoever that you have or may have against us whether known or unknown, accrued, contingent or inchoate arising out of, concerning or relating to the Event.
29. Under circumstances where HIA’s liability cannot be excluded, the maximum aggregate liability of HIA will be limited to the amount paid by you under these T&Cs to register for the Event.
30. Nothing in these T&Cs are intended to exclude, restrict or modify any term, condition, warranty, guarantee, right or remedy (including but not limited to a guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law) which cannot lawfully be excluded, restricted or modified.
31. HIA will not be held responsible for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations under the T&Cs to the extent such delay or failure is caused by fire, flood, strike, civil, governmental or military authority, acts of God, acts of terrorism, acts of war, epidemics, the availability of the venue or other similar causes beyond its reasonable control and without the fault or negligence of HIA, its agents or employees.
32. These T&Cs are governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the ACT.
33. From time to time, HIA may update these T&Cs. The updated T&Cs will apply to all registrations from the time of posting on its website onwards.
View all Events
Or call 1300 650 620