How to hire a HIA Apprentice?
Do you want a simple solution to hiring apprentices?
We hire the apprentice and remain their legal employer for the duration of the apprenticeship. And if work falls away, you can return the apprentice to HIA for placement elsewhere.
- We take care of the paperwork (pay, tax, leave accruals and superannuation) saving you time.
- We manage the apprentice’s training, development and performance management.
- We provide the apprentice with their work register, hazard identification booklets and their PPE.
- You will not be invoiced when an apprentice is on annual leave, sick leave, rostered days off, trade school or workers compensation.
- We will provide you with WHS support.
- We carefully match the skills and interests of your business with an apprentice and will work with you to help settle the apprentice into your business.
For more information about HIA Apprentices see, Find the right fit for your business (8MB)
Do you want to hire an apprentice direct?
Why take a chance on selection or waste time going to another agency when you can rely on an organisation that understands the needs of its members and the building industry? We take care of all the necessary administration such as interviewing and assessing all prospective candidates. You are then presented with a selection of suitable applicants.
HIA Apprentices will take care of it all.
Our apprenticeship team can:
- complete a full induction of your apprentice’s ‘sign up’ process.
- provide the apprentice with the basic kit of safety equipment.
- provide a starter tool kit.
- provide a safety induction.
- ensure the apprentice has a current WHS card.
And, HIA is so certain you will get the right apprentice for your business, that it includes a 90 day replacement guarantee. Now that’s confidence!
Why choose HIA apprentices?
HIA Apprentices is the one-stop-shop for all your apprentice needs. HIA Apprentices have over 30 years’ experience with a proven track record.
- Experienced HIA staff interview all potential apprentices and not only look for skills and interests that meet your business needs; they ensure the apprentice has enthusiasm for the building industry.
- HIA works with you to help settle the apprentice into your business.
- HIA backs up your business by providing ongoing professional support to make sure you are not tied down by red tape and overloaded with time consuming paperwork and administration.
- HIA Apprentices have a 20% higher completion rate than the industry average.
- HIA Apprentices has first to fourth year apprentices in most building industry related trades.
- HIA guarantees that the right apprentice will be found for you.
What is mentoring?
Mentoring is the process of providing additional support to a less experienced worker to enhance their skills development and professional growth. Of course it’s possible to transfer skills and expertise to an apprentice without these additional support systems. However, mentoring is sound business practice because it maximises the rate of skills development and minimises the chance of non-completion. Research has shown that a lack of support is a key reason for apprentices failing to complete their qualification.