KCL Law’s Construction and Infrastructure
Highly regarded for their expertise in construction law, KCL Law’s Construction and Infrastructure team and Darren Cain, Principal Lawyer and Head of Construction and Infrastructure, are industry experts who understand the market and the drivers that determine successful project outcomes.
We act for property developers, builders, contractors and subcontractors to advise them on all aspects of a construction project (both ‘front-end’ and ‘back-end’), including:
- bids, tender preparation and negotiations;
- key risk allocation (design and construction);
- drafting all manner of project specific contractual documentation and agreements;
- claims management and dispute resolution; and
- adjudication under the Security of Payment Act.
Having been involved in many of Victoria’s landmark court cases, KCL Law’s Construction and Infrastructure team have a reputation as a leading firm in relation to adjudications under the Security of Payment Act and have been recommended for construction and infrastructure litigation in the Doyle’s Construction Guide 2018.
About KCL Law
KCL Law is a medium-size, commercial law firm offering a full range of legal services across the following key practice areas:
- banking and finance (property and corporate);
- commercial and corporate;
- construction and infrastructure;
- employment and workplace relations;
- estate planning;
- family law;
- intellectual property and IT;
- litigation and dispute resolution;
- owners corporation; and
- property and leasing.
At KCL Law, we provide quality advice and deliver highly strategic outcomes to our clients — achieved by a balance of expert legal acumen, creative thinking and informed commercial insight — in a concise and accessible manner.
KCL Law looks forward to assisting HIA members with their legal needs.
Principal Lawyer and Head of Building and Construction
Level 4, 555 Lonsdale Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000