Tasmanian Building Business Skills Course
HIA in conjunction with the TBCITB has developed a short course to ensure Tasmanian tradespeople are equipped with the skills and knowledge to navigate the risks of running their own businesses.
The course will teach you to:
- Identify and treat business risks.
- Identify and comply with the regulatory, legal, taxation and insurance requirements.
- Identify specific legal requirements apply to the management of a small business.
- Negotiate and arrange contracts
Additionally this course will cover:
- Understanding cash flow management
- Identifying tax principles and requirements
Complete the form below to register your interest.
*TBCITB funding requirements
- ‘Employing companies’ deemed to be in the building and construction industry are eligible to apply for funding for their employees to attend training.
- The ‘employing companies’ include a sole trader or an eligible host employer.
- The ‘employing companies’ must be 90% or more involved in building and construction work as defined in Schedule 2 of the Building and Construction Industry Training Fund Act 1990.
- An eligible company will hold an Australian Business Name registration and be able to provide the TBCITB with a tax invoice.
- Some exceptions exist, contact the HIA for more information.