All photographs should show differing aspects of the project including unique features and should be taken by a professional photographer. Images in landscape orientation are preferred for the awards presentation. Your first photo should be the front elevation of the project, in landscape orientation.
Supplied images must be actual digital images of the home. Images cannot be digitally enhanced to alter the project and 3D rendered images are not permitted.
Images must be high resolution, a minimum of 300dpi and submitted in jpg format.
Suggested daytime images:
- Streetscape/front elevation
- Living Area
- Points of difference e.g. cellar, environmental features, storage solutions
- Apartment Complex – foyer – common area – recreational facilities
How many images do I need to submit?
- Housing and Kitchen & Bathroom entries must submit 10-15 images
- Renovation entries including renovated kitchens and bathrooms must submit 4-10 ‘before’ photos in addition to the above images.
- Apprentice, Business Partner and Professional Builder entrants must submit up to 3 images.
Professional photographers routinely reserve copyright and other intellectual property rights of the photos they take for you, even if you have purchased the images. As these images may be reproduced in promotional material, and as you are warranting this will not infringe anyone’s copyright, it is important you obtain the copyright of the photos. If the photographer will not sell the copyright, you may obtain their written agreement to the reprinting of the photos.
Note: This signed documentation is not required for your entry, but is required to protect you from copyright infringement.
Download transfer/licence of copyright
For Western Australia members only, HIA offer a photography service with photos taken at the same time as judging. There are 8 images supplied to you after the award presentation. This option is available when you submit your online award application.
Other regions can choose a professional photographer from the list below. If your region is not listed, contact your local HIA Events Team for recommendations.