Award judging – COVID-19 safety guidelines
HIA is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all persons involved in the viewing and judging of award entries for the 2020 HIA Housing and Kitchen & Bathroom Award program.
We are continuously monitoring the advice from government health departments and working to ensure staff and members are adhering to necessary safety measures. With this in mind, we are asking judges, award entrants and home owners involved in the HIA Housing and Kitchen & Bathroom Awards this year to co-operate with the following hygiene, health and safety practices.
1. For everyone
- Maintain physical distancing of 1.5m at all times where possible.
- Adhere to relevant maximum number of people requirements in indoor areas (whether 4sqm or 2sqm per person indoors).
- Avoid hand shaking or physical contact between people.
- If you are feeling unwell or displaying cold or flu-like symptoms, judges and entrants MUST NOT attend a site visit. Judges and entrants are requested to contact the local HIA event staff if unable to attend judging for any reason. Call HIA on 1300 650 620.
- Where the home owner is providing access and feeling unwell, access to the home may not be possible and owners or entrants are requested to advise your local HIA event staff as soon as possible.
- Ensure anyone that has returned from overseas in the previous 14 days does not enter the property and follows the 14 day self-isolation laws.
- Ensure anyone that has returned from interstate travel in the previous 14 days adheres to the state specific self-isolation laws.
- Ensure anyone that has been in close contact with someone affected by COVID-19 does not enter the property.
2. For home owners/builders/entrants
- Limit the number of people in the house when judges visit to the very minimum.
- Doors to be open where possible to limit judges needing to touch door hardware.
- A register will be taken of all people present on-site at the time of judging.
3. For judges
When arriving on-site:
- Use hand sanitiser provided by HIA after getting out of the car.
- Have initial meetings with builder/homeowner outside the project.
- Record names and contact numbers of all people that are present. The register must contain all occupants in the house including children.
- Encourage only a limited number of people in household.
- Limit contact with any surfaces within projects except where needed for judging purposes.
- Judges are encouraged to wear gloves.
- Wearing of face-masks at the preference of the judge or homeowner.
Before getting back into the car:
If any judge is unwell on the day of judging, they will need to contact their HIA Event staff member immediately. They will not be able to judge on that day and will need to be tested for COVID-19 if they are displaying symptoms.
It is strongly recommended all judges have the COVID SAFE app running on their phone.