Display homes open for business
May 10, 2020
Over the last two weeks changes have been made to allow more people to visit new home display villages and display homes.
As part of ensuring display homes are safe for people to enter and for sales people to work in, the Government requires a range of safety measure to be in place. There are restrictions on the number of people that can enter a display home at any one time and requirements to ensure that visitors can be identified at a later date if needed.
The current limit on numbers of people are:
- Queensland – until 15 May – 6 people including staff; from 16 May 10 people including staff
- NSW – no specific limit, restricted based on floor area of the home
- ACT – limit of 10 people excluding staff
- Victoria – by appointment
- Tasmania – from 18 May – limit of 10 people
- South Australia – limit of 10 people excluding staff
- Western Australia – limit of 20 people
- Northern Territory – no specific limit, restricted based on floor area of the home
HIA’s Making space on site Guide for display homes during COVID-19 are now updated for each state and territory to provide home builders with a printable sign or pamphlet.
Feel free to place these in your display homes or share via your social media.