Why get involved?
HIA Kitchens, Bathrooms and Renovations network gives HIA members working in the kitchens, bathrooms and renovation sectors the chance to connect to the latest industry news, opportunities, training and support. Access to this network is complimentary as part of your HIA membership.
Who can join this network?
- Cabinetmakers and kitchen manufacturers
- Bathroom renovation specialists
- Designers of kitchens, bathrooms and interiors
- Renovation builders and associated trades
- Product suppliers and manufacturers
- Showroom staff and sales consultants
- Stakeholders in the kitchens, bathrooms and renovation sectors.
Practical workshops and professional training
HIA offers a wide range of practical, information workshops to help hone your skills, maintain professional development obligations and grow your business. HIA short courses are flexible and allow you to build one or more national qualifications.
The latest news and industry updates
To help you manage the pressure of keeping up with the latest trends, products, materials, changes in regulations and licensing, the HIA Kitchens, Bathrooms and Renovations network provides you with practical and relevant information.
You will receive:
- a quarterly e-newsletter with all the latest K&B news and industry developments
- information on design and trend events and new product showcases
- Building News specific to your location
- a bi-monthly HOUSING magazine - Australia’s premier home building magazine
- a complimentary copy of HIA’s Kitchens & Bathrooms Annual Economic Report
- seminars on the latest European and Australian design trends and new products
- webinars on various topics such as trends in K&B design and marketing your business.
Professional legal, technical, safety and business help
HIA can help you solve issues that affect the day-to-day operation of your business including:
- working with unions, calculating employee tax and workers compensation, handling disputes
- understanding compliance, licensing, insurance obligations
- helping you to understand your safety and OH&S obligations
- using the right contracts to get paid and protect your business
HIA’s experienced Building Services Advisors can help you with expert technical advice and assistance with the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and Australian Standards, information on your state and local council regulations, and licensing and advice on plumbing and electrical standards and clearances.
Opportunities to promote your business
Getting noticed and keeping up with your competitors can be tough. HIA offers you a number of opportunities to promote your business to potential clients.
- direct promotion of HIA member services in consumer publications
- recognition through an extensive kitchen and bathroom awards program
- opportunities to display to consumers through HIA expos and Home Inspirations centres
- networking with other kitchen, bathroom and renovation professionals
- complimentary listing in HIA’s online consumer trade directory Tradebuild
- promotion through HIA branding - display your HIA sticker and member logos to the public
Learn more about advertising and sponsorship with HIA.
Industry reference guides
HIA publishes a range of practical yet comprehensive industry reference guides with great tips and expert advice specific for both new projects and renovation work in kitchens and bathrooms.