Terms and conditions
The following definitions shall apply to the terms and conditions set out below which govern these terms and conditions for use of the website.
- "We", "us", and "Our" means the Housing Industry Association Limited (HIA), including any related bodies corporate and related entities, and their respective employees, agents and independent contractors.
- "You" and "your" means the user of, or visitor to the website
- "Website" means this HIA website and any links available from or within the website, but does not include any external websites or links to external websites not belonging to or controlled by the HIA.
Responsibility for use of this website
This website is operated by the Housing Industry Association (HIA) and its related entities using commercial web hosting facilities under the domain name hia.com.au (the website). By using the site or downloading materials from the site, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions as set out in this notice and (the terms).
These terms are subject to change at any time without notice and are effective as soon as posted to the website. Your continued use of the website constitutes acceptance of any modification to the terms.
Ownership of website content
HIA claims ownership of the intellectual property in the information and the design and other creative works contained on this website (excluding linked sites) unless otherwise specified or acknowledged. The creative works on this site are protected by copyright.
Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on this website, or create any other material using material on this website, without obtaining the prior written consent of HIA.
The website, products, technology and processes contained in this website may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by us or by third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as set out in these terms. Your use of this website must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
Trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and logos must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining the prior written consent of HIA.
Use of information from this website
The HIA created and maintains this website as an information service to its membership and others. While all reasonable care has been taken in the preparation of the material contained in this website, much of it has been obtained from other sources and HIA does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information in this website. In addition, the information, products and services contained or referred to on this website may change or be updated without notice.
The information is by way of general commentary only, and none of the information provided here is represented or implied to be legal, accounting, financial or investment advice. HIA does not invite and does not expect any person to act or rely on any statement, opinion, representation or inference expressed or implied on this website.
Nor does HIA warrant the completeness, timeliness or accuracy of any data, information, features, and/or programs ("information") available on or through this website or that the service will be uninterrupted or error free.
All visitors to this website must make their own enquiries and obtain their own professional advice in relation to any issue or matter referred to herein. Use of the website and any information on this website is at your sole risk.
There may be links from this website which allow you to visit the sites of other companies. Neither these sites nor the entities to which they belong may be controlled by HIA. HIA makes no representation concerning the information provided in these sites nor the acceptability or quality of the products or services offered by the entities referenced in these sites. HIA has not tested and makes no representations regarding the correctness, performance or quality of any software, which may be found at these sites.
As always, you should research and make your own independent assessment of the risks which may be involved in accessing and using any software or information on the internet.
If you apply for membership online you have agreed that as part of your membership service, HIA may use your information to:
- promote your business through various media such as websites and members directories
- offer you products and services relevant to your business from both HIA and other commercial providers
- send you a commercial offer or promotion.
If you do not agree to these membership services, please contact Membership on 1300 650 620. Otherwise, and except for confirming you are an HIA member, HIA would not usually disclose this information without your consent.
- HIA membership is offered only on a whole year basis regardless of payment method. It is renewable annually on the anniversary of the month in which you became a member.
- If you resign before that anniversary, you will be charged an exit fee equivalent to the membership fees for the remaining period up to the anniversary.
- For membership application, once you click on the 'Continue' button you have agreed to the terms and conditions set by HIA. You are consenting that:
- you are an authorised representative of the business
- the information you provide is true and correct
- if you are accepted as a member of HIA, you will abide by HIA's Code of ethics, Constitution and By-laws
- if you are paying by credit card, you agree to the debit of the card
- if you are paying by direct debit, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions governing the debit arrangements between you and HIA Ltd as set out in the Direct Debit Service Agreement.
The HIA requires that registered users of the website must keep their registration access details private and confidential. The HIA is not responsible for the use and any misuse of their username and password and any known or unknown unauthorised access.
HIA is committed to protecting the privacy of members of the public who use this website, in accordance with its legal obligations, as set out in the Privacy Act and Australian Privacy Principles.
When you visit this website
When visiting this website, a record of your visit is logged. The following information is recorded for statistical purposes and is used to help improve the site. This information is supplied by your browser:
- The user's server address
- The user's operating system
- The user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au or .uk)
- The pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- The previous site visited
- The type of browser used.
On each use a ‘session cookie’ is temporarily placed on your computer, which is used to maintain navigation information during your website visit. These session cookies are deleted at the end of each internet session.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet web server logs.
When you contact us
When you email or telephone HIA, we will normally request your first name, last name and email or postal address. While the Australian Privacy Principles provide you with a right to deal with HIA anonymously or pseudonymously, it is impractical for HIA to provide goods or services to anonymous or pseudonymous persons. We will not pass any personal information we collect about you to anyone outside HIA without your consent.
When you buy from us
We will collect and securely store your credit card details when you buy from us on credit. We will destroy these when no longer required for audit or tax purposes. If you wish to receive further offers from HIA you will be given an opportunity to indicate this at the time of sale.
Any other information collected by HIA, including through this website, e.g. through the use of an online form, is also collected and dealt with strictly in accordance with this policy statement and the Australian Privacy Principles. If you wish to check or correct your personal information held by us, please contact HIA for further details.
We’ll send you relevant emails and special offers to maintain the relationship between HIA and you / your company or organisation. All our communications emails have a clear opt out procedure if you choose not to receive them.
Links to other websites
HIA’s website may contain links to a number of third party websites. If you choose to pursue those links, you should be aware that the personal information privacy and security practices of these third party websites are not the responsibility of HIA.
Please contact HIA if you have any queries in regards to this website.
Housing Industry Association Ltd
ABN 99 004 631 752
79 Constitution Avenue
Campbell ACT 2612