Get the information you need
There is a broad range of groups involved in the sector including government, industry associations such as the Housing Industry Association (HIA), manufacturers and suppliers, financial institutions and dedicated renovation professionals.
If you are thinking about renovating your home, there is a wealth of information and assistance available from these different sources. It can help you to decide what you want and how to get it, and ensure a successful renovation that you will enjoy for years to come. Most of this information is free of charge or available at a modest price.
- Visit tradebuild.com.au to search for HIA builders. HIA regularly organises special consumer activities such as renovation seminars and displays take advantage of these opportunities to get to know the professional builders in your community and learn about the latest trends, products and financing options.
- Local councils can provide information about building codes and regulations, and the permits and inspections needed for your renovation project.
- State government departments dealing with consumer and commercial relations may have publications and other information on renovating your house.
- Ask banks and financial institutions for information on financing you renovation
- Visit other sections in housinglocal.com.au for fresh ideas on renovating your kitchen, bathroom or other parts of your home. You'll find a range of images of awarding winning projects by HIA members, along with the latest in trends and ideas.
- Many local libraries have a wide selection of books, magazines and videotapes or CDs on home renovation.
Find a builder
View outstanding projects from the industry