HIA Building Apprenticeships | HIA
- HIA Apprentices will help you make a smooth transition from school to the workforce – we will be with you every step of the way.
- You will be carefully matched to a host trainer who is looking for an apprentice in the trade you have chosen.
- We work closely with trade schools across Australia and will help you with your training plan.
- We make sure that our apprentices are paid correctly for the work they do and look after superannuation, tax and long service leave.
- During your apprenticeship, we give you all the support you need including mentoring and training.
- HIA provides recognition for apprentices through the HIA Apprentice Awards. We also offer scholarships to help apprentices to continue to develop qualifications once they finish their apprenticeship – to help them achieve a bright future in the building industry.
The benefits of being an HIA apprentice
If you’re chosen to be an HIA Apprentice you will:
- be paid on time and correctly for the work you do
- be paid for your annual leave, sick leave and RDOs
- have the security of knowing you’re employed by a national employer
- have flexibility in working conditions and job rotation so you can be multi skilled
- be provided with your personal protective equipment including work boots
- be supported with mentoring and safety training
- receive regular on-site visits from HIA Apprentices staff