Home Warranty Insurance
HIA Insurance Services specialises in delivering high quality warranty services to the residential building industry. Our team is one of the largest and most experienced teams in Australia and have demonstrated competence in delivering quality warranty services, and effectively managing our client’s business requirements, through changing legislative environments throughout our 34 years in business.
Our expert brokers manage the complex paperwork and insurance services on your behalf. We work with your business to deliver:
- Efficient 24-48-hour delivery of certificates*
- Best business case for desired increase in profile limits for existing builders
- Advocacy - we work for you in providing advice and we attend to appeals of the respective Underwriting Committees.
- Eligibility submissions for new builders - we manage your Home Warranty submission application on your behalf to best achieve a speedy approval
* Provided you have an approved profile with the insurer, and subject to peak periods
What does Home Warranty cover?
Home Warranty insures the home owner (either the original owner or subsequent owners) against:
- Non completion of the building contract or defective works which are deemed by law to be the builder's responsibility, for a nominated warranty period.
- Where your builder has died, disappeared or become insolvent; or
- In Victoria - for policies issued on or after 1 July 2015, your builder has failed to comply with a Tribunal or Court Order in the way described in the policy wording
- In NSW - has their building licence suspended by NSW Fair Trading due to non-compliance with a money order made in favour of the homeowner by the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal or a court.
- In WA, where a builder’s licence is cancelled or not renewed because the builder failed to satisfy the financial requirements prescribed in the regulations under the Building Services (Registration) Act 1991 (WA).
Learn more about Home Warranty cover
and requirements for each state
or call 1800 762 872