BRAC Accreditation Certificates Revoked
October 09, 2019
The Victorian Building Regulation Advisory Committee has recently revoked a number of Certificates of accreditation for building products that are no longer manufactured. Members in other states may also be using these approvals as an performance solution as part of your building approval.
The revocation of these certificates of accreditation have been Gazetted in the Victorian Government Gazette N0. G38 issued Thursday 19 September 2019.
The Certificates of accreditation included:
- Bradford Cavity Wall Insulation number V07/05, issued 21 November 2007
- RMAX Orangeboard External Polystyrene Insulated Cladding System – Certificate No. V10/03A issued 13 October 2010
- RMAX ThermaWallplus External Insulated Cladding – Certificate No. V11/01 issued 24 January 2011
- RMAX ThermaWall External Insulated Cladding – Certficate No. V11/07 issued 1 December 2011
- RMAX ThermaWall Plus Silver, Thermawall Silver and ThermaSilver Board External Insulated Cladding – Certificate No. V12/01 issued 6 June 2012.
Note the revocation of these certificates of accreditation does not affect the compliance of these products that have been installed under a building permit at the time of installation.
BRAC accreditation issued:
The Building Regulation Advisory committee has issued a Certificate of Accreditation V18/01-A2 to Allstate Polystyrene industries for the Statewall External Wall Cladding System. The approval of this certificate of accreditation has been Gazetted in the Victorian Government Gazette N0. G38 issued Thursday 19 September 2019
The Statewall External Wall Cladding System is suitable for use as an external wall system and complies with the following Performance Requirements of the National Construction Code Volume Two – Building Code of Australia Class 1 and Class 10 buildings Performance Requirements P2.1.1, P2.2.2 and P2.2.3 as adopted by the Building Regulations 2018, to the extent that those clauses refer to the structural performance of external walls, resistance to wind action and rainwater action, and weatherproofing, and damp-proofing of external wall systems.
The certificate contains a number of conditions for use of the product that must be adhered to, to ensure compliance with the certificate of accreditation.
For more information contact HIA on 1300 650 620 or email HIA technical department.