October 09, 2019
Designing Better is Territory-wide in scope and seeks to encourage and enable residential apartment and mixed use buildings in the Northern Territory.
The reasoning behind this is to:
- respond to context and celebrate local and regional differences;
- respond to climate and contribute to the Territory’s built form character;
- embrace Innovation through flexible, best practice design solutions; and
- make great places that provide meaningful, vibrant and liveable spaces for people.
This project draws upon feedback received from the community and industry through other projects and targets a number of key design elements for improvement.
The Designing Better project will ultimately inform revised development requirements in the Northern Territory Planning Scheme and be complemented by the locality-specific guidance of Area Plans.
The Discussion Paper document is a working draft. To view the Discussion Paper please visit https://haveyoursay.nt.gov.au/designing-better.
The Planning Commission will be holding the following engagement sessions:
• Darwin Thursday 17 October 2019 12.30pm – 1.30pm Energy House
• Darwin Wednesday 23 October 5.30pm – 6.30pm Energy House
"To register your attendance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the project team on 89247540.
If you are unavailable to attend these sessions, or would prefer to discuss the project with the team one-on-one or with a small group of your colleagues, please feel free to contact us on 8924 7540 to arrange an alternative time.
Please send you feedback and queries to the NT Planning Commission:
Your input and comment by 1 November 2019 is encouraged and appreciated.