Make your submission - Proposed citywide amendment - Restricting townhouses from single-home areas
August 05, 2019
It’s easy - just follow these simple steps:
- Click on this link - https://lnkd.in/gnZhwqY and click Next
- Enter your details and click Next.
- Cut and paste this text (or make up your own) into the text box:
I object to the ban on townhouses in low density residential areas of Brisbane, proposed in Major Amendment H to Brisbane City Plan 2014 because:
Press Submit. It’s as simple as that!
- Housing diversity improves affordability
- Diversity of housing helps to cater for the housing needs of people in all stages of the lifecycle and different lifestyles – we need choices!
- Townhouses provide an affordable housing typology that meets the needs of first home buyers, empty nesters, single parents and provides much needed rental accommodation
- Well-designed townhouses have character, provide small backyards and shared spaces, and offer gentle density
- Preserving low density areas for only single family dwellings reduces affordability & choice & exacerbates urban sprawl.