Substantial Changes to the NCC from 1 May 2019
February 18, 2019
With the National Construction Code (NCC) moving to a three year amendment cycle, it has resulted in an unprecedented level of changes that will affect the residential building industry.
HIA will be running seminars nationwide, commencing in March, to help you prepare for the key changes. These seminars are a must for those building or designing homes, and those approving or supplying products to houses and apartments.
The seminars will cover a range of topics from both Volume 1 and 2 of the NCC such as:
- Condensation management provisions
- Evidence of suitability requirements for building products
- Energy efficiency
- Fire safety provisions
- Roof and wall cladding, decks and balconies, smoke alarms and stairs and balustrades
- Changes to Australian Standards called up by the NCC
- Performance Solutions methods
- Mandatory sprinkler protection requirements for apartments
- Fire safety requirements for cladding and external walls provisions
- Requirements for roof top spaces for apartments.
HIA Qld Workshop on National Construction Code (NCC) 2019 changes.
- Half day - 8.00am to 12noon for NCC Changes to Volume Two (Residential)
- Full day - 8.00am to 3.30pm includes NCC Changes to Volume One (Commercial)
Date: Wednesday 20 March, 2019
Venue: Quality Hotel Mermaid Waters
Date: Thursday 21 March, 2019
Venue: Quality Hotel Ballina
Cost: Half Day : HIA Member @ $60pp, Non Member @ $70pp
Full Day: HIA Member @ $80pp, Non Member @ $90pp
Ph 07 5587 7410
Date: Thursday 28 March, 2019
Venue: The Build & Design Centre, 66 Merivale Street, South Brisbane
Date: Friday 29 March, 2019
Venue: Alex Surf Club, 167 Alexandra Parade, Alexandra Headland
Cost: Half Day : HIA Member @ $66pp, Non Member @ $88pp
Full Day: HIA Member @ $88pp, Non Member @ $110pp (includes light lunch)
Ph 07 3021 8800