SA Variation 6.2.2 Minimum Separation Between Buildings
July 09, 2019
Unless the space between external columns is not infilled, every part of an external wall of a building must be not less than 600mm from any boundary of the allotment, unless that wall is on or abutting that boundary.
Clause 18.104.22.168 Allowable encroachments
An encroachment is any construction between:
- The external wall of the building and the allotment boundary other than a boundary adjoining a road or other public space
For the purpose of (a) an encroachment relates to any external wall of:
- A class 10a building required to comply with 22.214.171.124; or
- A class 1 building
Encroachments allowed within 900mm of an allotment boundary or within 1.8m of another building on the same allotment are:
- Non-combustible fascia, gutters and downpipes;
- Light fittings, electricity or gas metres, aerials or antennas;
- Pergolas, sun blinds or water tanks (see figure 126.96.36.199); and
- Unroofed terraces, landings, steps and ramps, not more than 1m in height.
Encroachments allowed up to but not closer than 450mm from an allotment boundary or up to but not closer than 900mm from another building on the same allotment or associated encroachments for another building on the same allotment are:
- Eaves with non–combustible roof cladding and non–combustible lining; and
- Flues, chimneys, pipes, domestic fuel tanks, cooling or heating appliances or other services.
For more information contact your Technical Advisor on 1300 650 620