New regional executive ready to roll
February 27, 2019
Every two years HIA holds elections for positions on its Regional Executive Committee (REC).
The REC has a vital role to play in representing the local region, advising on the delivery of HIA services to members, coordinating policy implementation among Regional Service Committees, and provides a local forum to deal with regional issues.
All positions have now been filled with the Regional Executive, Regional Service committees and Branch committees possessing member representatives with extensive industry experience and a wealth of knowledge. These members will continue to inform HIA and take the association forward.
In particular, HIA congratulates the incoming President Xavier Carthew-Wakefield and Vice-President Ben Wilson. HIA also welcomes Lisa Burnell and Jeff Jago as the newest REC appointments and wishes to thank Paul Burnell for his outstanding contribution to HIA and industry as the outgoing President.
The new REC was welcomed by Past Presidents who attended a post-meeting function held in the boardroom.
2019 Regional Executive Committee Members:
Xavier Carthew-Wakefield, President
- Ben Wilson, Vice President
- Paul Burnell, Immediate Past President
- Tony Parker, Past President
- David Morris, Industry Policy Committee Chair
- Lee Tyers, Industry Policy Committee - Vice Chair
- Nick O’Brien, Kitchen & Bathroom Committee – Chair
- Adam Halton, Kitchen & Bathroom Committee - Vice Chair
- David Woodward, Membership Services Committee – Chair
- Lisa Burnell, Membership Services Committee – Vice Chair
- Ty Turner, Northern Branch Committee - Chair
- Jeffrey Jago, North West Branch Committee – Chair
- Alex Mirowski, General Member
- Robert Watchorn, General Member