Are you a practicing architect or building designer registered in Victoria?
March 11, 2020
You may be interested in the Victorian Government’s recent announcement of the ‘Future Homes Project Design Competition’. The competition provides Victorian architects and building designers with the opportunity to create plans and designs for apartment buildings that promote livability and sustainability.
The competition will require registrants to produce what the Victorian Government considers to be exemplar apartment designs that support development within Melbourne’s suburbs. Broadly speaking, the Victorian Government has listed that the designs will be required to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Liveable – high internal amenity, social spaces, natural light, good outlook.
- Cost effective – access to good design for everyone.
- Buildable – realistic projects suitable for construction.
- Replicable – approaches to adapt to a range of typical locations in suburban Melbourne.
- Good neighbors – look after the amenity of the street and surrounding residents.
- Enduring – family friendly, sustainable, safe and adaptable.
- Meeting a need – responsive to the needs of industry and consumers.
The winners of the competition will have the opportunity to win their share in $500,000 at the end of the competition and for ongoing work through the subsequent phase of Future Home Program, the ‘planning implementation phase’.
The Victorian Government will be accepting registrations of interest to take part in the design competition until 10 April 2020.
Read about more opportunities within the Future Homes program.
If you would like to discuss the program further please contact Teresa Davis via email or call 03 9280 8230.