Secure your site over Christmas
December 09, 2019
It's that time of year when we all take a little break to recharge and de-stress. Unfortunately instead of being a joyous time of giving there are a number of people who believe it's a time for taking.
Vandalism and theft is a major problem over this time especially with near completed builds. Ensuring the building site is well secured and even patrolled on a regular basis could be the difference between a joyful Christmas and a stressful one. Not only for the builder but for the client as well.
Other options and safety measures can include:
- Video surveillance equipment – notices that the premises is under video surveillance 24/7 posted on the temp fence
- Temp fencing secured over opening i.e. garage
- Star pickets and bunting around any trenches
- Where applicable install second hand doors and plywood attached as in cyclone prevention techniques
- Preferably fit plywood sheets to all glass areas
- Tarpaulins to cover unfinished roofs in case of inclement weather.
- Removal of any excess materials from site- plumbing, timber, windows, etc
- Importantly leave your address and a contact number in case of emergencies with the local police
For further information, please contact HIA Building Services on 1300 650 620.