NCC 2019 to be amended out-of-cycle
September 29, 2019
The NCC 2019 will be amended out-of-cycle, with a short public consultation period.
The proposed amendment will include:
- Enhanced fire safety measures for early childhood centres in high-rise buildings.
- A defined term for ‘building complexity’ to be used to identify buildings for which increased supervision of design and construction is appropriate through subsequent initiatives being developed in response to recommendations of the Building Confidence report.
- Provisions that set out the process to be followed, including the creation of a Performance Based Design Brief, to improve the quality and clarity of Performance Solutions for both approval and auditing purposes. This is also in response to recommendations of the Building Confidence report.
- Clarification of existing concessions for low-rise Class 2 and 3 buildings.
- Reference to a new Technical Specification for the permanent labelling of Aluminium Composite Panels.
- Minor corrections.
Comments on the changes can be made until 11:59PM AEDT on Friday 11 October 2019.
Head to the ABCB website to review the changes and make comment. Also feel free to share your views with HIA by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org before 7 October.