If you are having problems logging in, please call HIA helpdesk on 1300 650 620 during business hours.
Enter details below and sign up
Conditions of entry are strictly imposed. All entrants must comply with these conditions of entry.
1. a) Entrants must be financial members of the Housing Industry Association Ltd (HIA) at the time of entry until the completion of the awards program.
b) Where required by law, entrants must be appropriately licensed or registered to carry out the project entered at all times.
c) Entrants warrant that each project entered complies with relevant legislative and statutory requirements.
2. a) The entry must be the work of the entrant and properly attributable to them. For example, where an entrant is entering as the Builder of a project, they must be the builder on the record for that Project, that is, the person named as builder in the building contract, inspection reports and home owners warranty certificate. Where there is more than one person who fits that description (for example where an owner builder permit was taken out, but the owner subcontracted part of the project to a licensed builder) the builder will be the person who performed the majority of the actual building work on the finished project. Where the contracted scope of works does not include all the building work for the project entered and other building work has been performed by others directly engaged by the home owner, this work should be identified on the entry form. Where the project was built by a partnership, all partners should be named as entrants unless they have given their written prior consent to a different arrangement. Where the project was built by a company, the company must give their prior written consent if the entry is in the name of an individual Director or other person. The entrant should provide supporting details of this in such cases. The same rule applies to Architects, Designers, Developers etc.
b) Builder and Architect/Designer/Council/Developer joint entries are acceptable provided they are all members of the Association.
3. For kitchen project categories, it is recommended that the cabinetmaker or kitchen manufacturer be acknowledged as an entrant. It is recommended that designers be acknowledged in kitchen design and bathroom design categories.
4. Homes entered must be residential dwellings. Kitchen and bathroom entries must be in residential dwellings.
5. Previous award winning projects are ineligible to be re-entered into the same category.
6. Housing entries must have reached practical completion within the 24 months prior to the final closing date of entries.
7. Kitchen & Bathroom projects and designs must have been installed and completed in the 24 months prior to the final close of entries date.
8. Project must be entered into the price category that best represents the complete price. E.g. the Display Home price is the total price of the display home as viewed by the judges with inclusions. Unless expressly included in the category definition, this price should exclude pools, landscaping, land costs, decorator items, and non-fixed furniture.
9. Where the home is built for staff, friends, a family member or is the builder’s own home, the contract price must represent the complete cost to build an identical home (including builders margins), which is the price offered to the home buying public.
10. Projects must be located within the geographical boundaries of the regional competition entered.
11. The price of the home entered into the display home category is to represent the repeatable price of the house on display at the time of close of entry.
12. Entrants will not be entitled to a refund for entries withdrawn after the closing date.
13. All applicable sections of the entry form must be completed.
14. If the project is entered into a category for which it does not qualify, HIA reserves the right to move the project to an appropriate category, without prior consent from the entrant.
15. Judges reserve the right to change category valuations for awards.
16. HIA reserves the right to amalgamate categories to best represent the industry if deemed appropriate.
17. Judges reserve the right to decline to present an Award in a particular category if a minimum standard of excellence has not been reached.
18. HIA in its sole discretion may give, during or after the judging and/or conferral of the award, a comparable award, commendation or otherwise recognise any other entity (being a financial member of the Housing Industry) HIA considers contributed or collaborated to a material extent in the construction, design or delivery of the project being judged.
19. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Neither HIA nor the judges will be required to provide entrants with feedback or a critique in relation to their entry or provide any reasons for their decision.
21. The entrant:
a) warrants that the details of its entry are correct in every respect and comply with the conditions of entry
b) warrants that the entry has the client’s consent
c) warrants that the subject matter of the entry and material included with or as part of the entry (such as plans and photographs) does not infringe moral rights, copyright or any other intellectual property right
d) indemnifies HIA against such infringements
e) grants to HIA an irrevocable license to use the subject matter of the entry and material included with or as part of the entry for any purpose in connection with the promotion of HIA and the Awards
f) agrees to state the category, HIA region and the year awarded, whenever disclosing information or promoting itself or the entry in any communications media, as a finalist or winner in the Housing Awards and/or Kitchen & Bathroom Awards; and
g) agrees to comply with HIA Awards Advertising Standards, HIA Award winners conditions of use and HIA Award logo style guide.
22. HIA and its associated media will only publish the entrant and/ or designer’s name, the category price range of all projects and the suburb. No street addresses or owner’s names will be used (except Display Homes).
23. Entrants acknowledge that HIA take no responsibility for the quality of photos and plan produced nor any editorial discrepancies attached to any photo or plan.
24. All entrants must gain the consent of the owner and any other necessary third parties for the project or design to be entered into the competition.
25. All entrants will be advised of the judging date and time by the HIA following the close of entries.
26. Each home will be viewed and judged by industry professionals who volunteer their time. Entries will be viewed by the judges within a 100km radius of the major regional centre. Entrants outside this area may be judged at the discretion of the judges and travelling costs may be borne by the entrant. Note: please contact your Regional Office for specific details.
27. HIA reserve the right to disqualify an entry before, during or after the contest judging, official announcement of winners and awards presentation without a refund if HIA determines that:
a) the entry or entrant breaches or otherwise fails to meet/ observe any of the above stated eligibility or contest requirements
b) HIA considers false or misleading information is intentionally provided
c) problems or discrepancies arise between or among entrants, designers and clients which HIA considers cannot be amicably resolved by the parties involved within a reasonable time
d) the project has not reached practical completion by the advertised final entry closing date
e) the price quoted fails to comply with entry guidelines
f) the judges cannot gain access to the home at the determined time and time does not permit them to re-visit the dwelling
g) the member ceases to trade for whatever reason, becomes bankrupt or insolvent between the close of entries and announcement of awards;
or h) the entrant ceases to be a member of HIA.
28. In the case of disqualification after the awards’ ceremony, the entrant will be required to return the award and a public announcement may be made by HIA.
29. The entrant agrees that any media comment in any communications media and photographic display of any of the entries will be at the discretion of HIA and the associated media.
30. HIA and its associated media accept no responsibility for any incorrect details, spelling or other incorrect information stated in the entry form.
31. HIA cannot guarantee the return of photographs, plans or any other material supplied. All documentation will be securely stored at the completion of the awards program.
32. The entrant acknowledges that should any copyright action against the project be upheld by a Court of Law, awards shall be relinquished by the entrant and returned to HIA, at the point at which a judgement is delivered by a Court at first instance.
33. HIA does not guarantee that all entrants will be featured in publications or promotional events related to HIA awards.
34. If the same home is entered in more than one category (where allowable), the entrant must separately complete and submit an online entry for each category entered together with a set of plans and photos. Unless otherwise specified, an entry fee is payable for each category entered.
35. HIA may collect personal information (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) and other information relating to the entrant’s business in order to administer the Awards. All entries become HIA’s property.
36. By participating in the Awards (including by submitting an entry), the entrant consents for HIA to use and disclose any personal information:
a) for the purposes set out in HIA’s Privacy Statement and
b) to HIA’s related entities, business partners, agencies, sponsors and other third parties engaged to provide services in connection with the Awards, in order to:
(i) market to the entrant, including by email, SMS/MMS, mail, social media and telephone; and
(ii) administer the Awards.
37. The entrant agrees that such consent continues unless otherwise withdrawn. To withdraw consent to receive marketing material from HIA or a third party or request that personal information not be disclosed to a third party, the entrant may contact HIA on 1300 650 620.