National Construction Code 2022
National Construction Code 2022 is shaping up to be a major update, and in all likelihood the most significant National Construction Code (NCC) amendment for housing and residential buildings to date.
Through May and June this year the proposed NCC 2022 changes will be released for public comment which is an important part of development and finalisation of which changes will proceed.
To coincide with the public comment period HIA will host a national series of face to face seminars in all capital cities and regional locations.
The purpose of the sessions is to:
- alert industry to the proposed changes
- prepare them for the proposed changes if they are supported and
- encourage them to put in their own submissions and comment on the draft proposals.
The sessions will provide a detailed breakdown of the key changes that will affect housing and multi-residential buildings including the proposed changes for:
- accessible housing
- energy efficiency stringency increase
- condensation management provisions
- waterproofing – internal and external
- weatherproofing of external walls
- fire safety changes for external walls of Class 2-9 buildings
- Volume Two acceptable construction practices
- product documentation and product evidentiary requirements
- Performance Solutions changes
- lead in plumbing products
- NCC re-numbering and re-structuring
- Australian Standards.
These sessions are a must attend event and an important awareness raising activity for HIA to get industry prepared for and alert them to the major proposed changes and member engagement on the proposed changes.
These sessions will build off the successful NCC 2019 seminars and the energy efficiency changes webinars that HIA has ran over the last few years.
Who are the sessions for:
- project managers
- construction managers
- building designers and architects
- building certifiers and surveyors
- product manufacturers and suppliers
- trade contractors
Anyone involved in design, construction or approval of buildings.