Become a HIA apprentice
We’re always on the lookout for great people wanting to start or continue their apprenticeship in the building industry. Join HIA and let us guide you through your career and the process of becoming a qualified tradesperson.
During your apprenticeship, we give you all the support you need including mentoring and training. We’ll help you make a smooth transition from school to the workforce – we will be with you every step of the way!
We make sure you are paid correctly for the work you do and look after super, tax and long service leave
You'll be carefully matched to a host trainer in the trade you have chosen
We work closely with trade schools across Australia and will help you with your training plan
Plus, HIA provides recognition for outstanding apprentices through the HIA Apprentice Awards and offer scholarships to help apprentices to continue to develop qualifications once they finish their apprenticeship – to help them achieve a brighter future in the building industry.
Benefits of being an HIA apprentice
- paid on time and correctly for the work you do
- paid for your annual leave, sick leave and RDOs
- security of knowing you’re employed by a national employer
- flexibility in working conditions and job rotation so you can be multi skilled
- provided with your personal protective equipment including work boots
- supported with mentoring and safety training
- receive regular on-site visits from HIA Apprentices staff
Find out more