Business Partner Awards
The HIA Business Partner award recognises the incredible work done ‘off-site’ in small to medium sized businesses in the housing industry. The award is open to employees and family members working part-time or full-time in the business.
Roles may range from bookkeeping and office administration through to client liaison and site supervision, interior design and implementing innovative change and new systems within the business.
Entries are now open for 2020!
Key program info
||Entry closing date
Friday 19 June 2020
|Presented at each region's Housing Awards
Often Business Partners underestimate the importance of the work they do and undersell their contribution to the business. Take some time to think about your daily business activities as well as how you are contributing to areas of the business such as marketing, sales, operations and finances.
When uploading your submission, you will be asked to answer these questions:
- How many staff does the business employ?
- How many contractors does the business employ?
- How long has the business been in operation?
- Who does the business serve, who are your main customers?
- Are you a family member or an employee?
- How many hours do you work in the business per week?
- How long have you worked in the business?
- What is your position/title in the business?
Your submission must be uploaded as a word or pdf document addressing seven key criteria regarding your involvement and contribution to the business.
View key criteria
Hints and tips
The following list includes everything you need to know to make sure your submission is a winner!
Your to-do list
- The entry form should be completed by the Business Partner as it is the Business Partners who have first-hand knowledge of their contribution to the business and are best equipped to answer the questions.
- Complete every section of the online form and address all seven key criteria in your written submission. Points will not be allocated for questions left unanswered.
- Try to include as much detail as is required relative to the marks allocated for question. The amount of points for each section will give you an indication of how much detail is expected from the judges.
- Provide examples to support your answers. The judges appreciate specific examples of your contribution when available.
- Submit a high resolution (minimum 300dpi) digital photo of the Business Partner - preferably an independent photo showing the entrant in their workplace).
Things to avoid
- Making statements that can’t be quantified or measured. For example “Our business has grown” or “We have fantastic customer service”. These statements would need further explanation with examples provided.
- Submitting after the closing date. All entries must be submitted by 5pm Friday 19 June 2020 via our online system.
- Do not include resumes or business plans.
Conditions of entry
The first three conditions must all be met to be eligible to enter:
- The entrant is a member of HIA’s Business Partner Network (BPN).
- The entrant is either a family member or staff member who is working in a small to medium-sized family business.
- The business is a current financial member of the Housing Industry Association Ltd (HIA).
Submission of online entry
- All sections of the online form must be completed and submitted together with a high resolution digital photograph of the entrant, by the closing date.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- Entrants may be contacted by HIA and asked to provide additional documentation in support of their entry. Such documentation may include company references and/or testimonials.
- The person nominating or entering into this award agrees to HIA reproducing any images and/or details provided in or with the entry form for the purposes of promoting the Business Partner Award (and that the permission and approval of the guardian of any child in the images has been granted), such promotion being at the sole discretion of HIA and its associated media.
- HIA and its associated media accept no responsibility for any incorrect or misleading details or other information provided in the entry form.
- HIA accepts no responsibility for lost or late entries.
Judging of entries
- HIA will appoint a judging panel to assess the information provided in the entries for the Business Partner of the Year Awards
- Members of the judging panel include home building professionals and business partners.
- The judges are bound by strict judging criteria and are required to declare any interest in entries over which they deliberate and to stand aside from deliberations concerning those entries.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Judges reserve the right to decline to present an Award if a minimum standard of excellence has not been met.