Importance and Benefits of Green Building | HIA
HIA GreenSmart is a program offering up-to-date information on practical, affordable and durable environmental solutions for residential design and construction. As one of Australia’s first professional green building initiatives, the program offers a HIA accredited training course for builders and designers wanting to develop new skills and acquire green credentials, and get access to news and opportunities to help promote your services in the marketplace.
- Regular information and news on latest sustainability housing ideas and initiatives through the GreenSmart e-newsletter
- Invitations to trade events showcasing the latest green products and up-to-date information
- Opportunity to complete a HIA professional training course to hone your skills and get your green credentials in order
- Chance to use the GreenSmart logo and marketing materials to promote you and your business once training is completed
- Recognition of sustainable housing projects through official accreditation
- Access to a green audience seeking contacts and trusted referrals
- Contact with GreenSmart’s accredited leaders and partners to source the best materials and products
- You can also enter the HIA GreenSmart Awards to showcase your projects.
How to get involved
GreenSmart is a voluntary initiative available to all existing and new HIA Members. You can get involved by enrolling in the GreenSmart Professional Training Course.
Learn more about GreenSmart training
Email the GreenSmart team or call 1300 650 620.