GreenSmart Home Construction
A GreenSmart house is a sustainable home created using environmentally responsible housing design ideas, building techniques and products. The key principles of building a home with environmental features include correct site orientation to maximise solar design principles, natural ventilation, insulation, thermal mass and flooring. GreenSmart Builders and GreenSmart Professionals are businesses and individuals who have completed HIA’s GreenSmart Professional Training.
A GreenSmart house will:
- Improve the water and energy efficiency of the home reducing energy bills and costs
- Create healthier homes for occupants
- Provide options to make the home more adaptable for all stages of life
- Reduce waste from the building process
- Improve site management during construction.
Building the GreenSmart way
The demand for sustainable homes continues to grow. There’s now a huge focus on healthier building practices, internal fit-outs, resource efficient products and increased efficiency and less waste. Download the GreenSmart Guidance Booklet for professional and technical information on designing and building new homes and undertaking renovation projects.
Download now (PDF)