Skip to main content

Let us help you with planning advice

Building and planning can be time-consuming and complicated and it can be hard work trying to keep up with local councils and government departments.

HIA’s Building & Planning Services team can answer members’ questions about: 

  • working with councils
  • getting your development approval
  • getting approvals from state government departments
  • rules on houses, dual occupancies, townhouses and villas, residential apartments and subdivisions.

Environmental issues

We can also help with questions about environmental management issues like:

  • threatened species
  • native vegetation
  • sea level rise
  • bushfire management
  • sediment and erosion control and waste management.

Ask the experts

HIA members can contact the Building & Planning Services team in your nearest HIA office or by calling 1300 650 620 or emailing